Saturday, July 17, 2010

Some of my favorite things

I have a lot of favorite things! Here's a few!

I collect vintage hats. This one is from the early 50's, and it has a very delicate netting, lovely beadwork and creamy velvet. I have 6 right now, but I constantly am on the prowl for more! They fascinate me, I always wonder who owned this hat originally, what their life was like. It's a wonderful feeling of nostalgia for a life that wasn't yours but you get to carry it around on your head.







 This little watch is on a long chained necklace that my sister got me for my highschool graduation. It's so lovely, and I call it my benjamin button clock because of the hummingbird and the clock symbolization the movie stresses. My sister picked this up in a little boutique in NYC. Another one of my favorite things, the big apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment