Wednesday, July 14, 2010

We're all going to die.

How's that for nihilism?


I've survived so far one week of community college SUMMER classes. So until I can enjoy 2 weeks of freedom before the intense fall semester, I have 5 more weeks of  easy summer class. 1 down, 5 to go. I keep repeating that in my head. I have our family's Cape Cod house to look forward to once I'm done all this nonsense.

I am only taking one class this summer, so I have some free time for other things. The class is the very exciting EARTH SCIENCES! Or to some it up: Our planet has the potential to eradicate us like head lice on a whim.

If it's not volcanoes potentially erupting in Italy, America and Japan it's earthquakes whipping through the Pacific Coastline (as we all remember Haiti-- those people still need help!) However devastating this news may sound, at least take comfort in the fact that the sun won't blow up for another billion years or so. So we don't have to worry about that.

Still, I take all this information with a grain of sodium chloride (ha ha, science humor) because my professor quite possibly be insane. This guy has a very bleak view of the world, not to mention his lack of concern for his obesity because he shovels down McDonald's every day. At least he has orthopedic shoes.
When he isn't giving us his droll lectures on minerals, or foretelling future catastrophes, he is feeding us little tidbits of his 'research' on economic wars. His theory is that Hitler was brainwashed as a child by the British Aristocracy to have him grow up and start WWII just to weaken the French. I couldn't make this up if I tried.

But then again, for all I know he is actually right and Hitler was in cahoots with the English the entire time.


So start building your earthquake shelters and don't plan on traveling to Naples anytime soon for fear of ending up like Pompeii.

No comments:

Post a Comment