Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Surviving Community College

That pretty much sums up my life right now.

So for those who need more details, here's a summary of the past 18 years of my life:

I grew up with a wonderful family, fantastic parents, two fabulous older sisters and a once in a life time dog(who sadly was put down last week :'[ ). From a very early age I showed a love for art and had a certain creativity ( the kind that drove my poor mother crazy when I 'creatively' found my way into the dryer at age two, tried to flush my new sneakers down the toilet, and thought it'd be a good idea to give the dog a haircut).

I carried that passion through school and I just graduated. I'm on my way to college-- but first I have to survive community college. You see, that love of art translated into a great disdain for math and science. Ergo, I failed. Those grades didn't impress the big wigs at Temple University so I didn't get accepted. However, the lovely people in charge of Tyler School of Art loved my portfolio and saw that I apparently have talent (although I don't always see that) and offered me a solution: If I were to complete at least 3 credits at community college to supliment the first semester in the fall, I could transfer to Temple/Tyler for the second semester in the spring!

So the challenge: get at least all B's in my community college courses and survive it
The competator: A frankly very lazy art student who wishes she were a little more fabulous and possibly a little bit chic.

I MUST survive community college. Then life won't be about survival, it will be about thriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment